New top story on Hacker News: For sale: 8 hours/week of my time

For sale: 8 hours/week of my time
12 by gbruins | 9 comments on Hacker News.
I have a full time job as a software engineer that I enjoy. I work 4 10-hour days and have Fridays off. High inflation and increased expenses are driving me back into the job market looking for ways to supplement my income, but I don't want to fight for gigs on freelance platforms like Upwork. Ideally I want a reliable project where I can invest 8-12 hours per week. One idea I had was to offer my services to companies looking to fill full time roles as a 'bridge' employee until they find their full time candidate (I could even participate in the interview process). I guess I'm looking for a 'long term gig'. Am I nuts? Or is there a job board out there for companies/startups that need just a bit of extra help?

Comments