New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Ridiculous job interview. What do I do?

Ask HN: Ridiculous job interview. What do I do?
10 by busyuser | 18 comments on Hacker News.
Who: Series B startup with ~$100 million in funding, me open-source developer What: engineering manager writes me e-mail that goes like: “we found your open-source project and want to offer you a job” In a meeting they explain how they were interested in using my open-source project and want to hire me so i could carry out a similar work for them Then they go on and explain i’d have to do 4 more meetings 1-2 hours each, including a leetcode-style tech interview In my head i’m thinking: “If their leetcode-engineers are that good why do they have rely on my open-source?” What would you do in this situation? Would you jump through the hoops in hope of getting relevant work?

Comments